PRP = Platelet Rich
In recent years, a new method of skin rejuvenation using one own’s blood has emerged. It is known as autologous mesotherapy and is performed using PRP.
The tissue repair properties of platelet-derived blood products were discovered and published in medical literature, in the 1980’s. Therapeutic applications began soon after in various fields such as cardiac surgery, orthopedics, orthodontics, ophthalmology.
Platelets are blood cells that are actively involved in healing processes, being responsible for hemostasis, activation of new connective tissue synthesis and neo-angiogenesis.
Platelets, along with red and white blood cells are the cellular elements of blood. When platelets come in contact with injured tissue, they are activated and secrete chemicals contained in granules in their cytoplasm (degranulation). These substances are valuable molecules for the healing process.
The discovery of the powerful rejuvenating effect of the components of platelets on the skin led to their utilization in the context of specific treatment protocols.
The Swiss company Regen Lab is a world leader in cell therapies. It manufactures high quality materials for the preparation of PRP in completely controlled and aseptic conditions. Regen Lab PRP kits are classified as class II medical devices and meet the strictest standards in both Europe and the USA.
- Therapeutic applications of PRP
- Anti-aging / ski rejuvenation on face, neck, décolleté, hands
- Hairloss – androgenetic alopecia
- Stretch marks / striae
Advantages of PRP treatment:
- It is completely safe, as long as the aseptic conditions of blood collection and treatment and the treatment protocol are observed.
- Does not cause allergic reactions
- The effect is visible from the next day after treatment.
- Active skin infection or systemic infection
- Hematological disorders or coagulation disorders
One of the most impressive rejuvenation skin treatments is the combination of PRP with Fractional Laser, also known as Laser Plasma Lift. It offers the maximum anti-aging effect to the skin that can be achieved in a single session.